Saturday 4 May 2013

Up and Running

Apart from one intentional shutdown 25 days ago, PollyPi has been controlling my house without any problems for over a month, so I officially declare it to be fully operational!

What's next?

The first thing to look at is an intermittent problem where the response time of the system seems excessively slow.  The philosophy of putting all the control logic in the server and none in the remote nodes means when I press a button on a control box, a message has to go up and down before the button lights up.  This delay was never noticeable on the PC based system but it is sometimes obvious now.  The fact that it only occurs sometimes suggests it's not just a plain performance issue.  My gut feeling, based on no evidence whatsoever, is that the multiple writes to log files are clogging things up.  I can quickly confirm or disprove this by producing a test build which doesn't log anything.  Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment